Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th May 2016, Lees Rd, Ennis
The Clare Athletics Association Juvenile Track & Field County Championships takes place over 2 days at Lees Rd. All athletes must attend over the 2 days. It’s important to support your club Ennis Track and also the hard work that the coaches put into training twice a week and at weekends since last September. By attending over the 2 days you can win vital points for “The Best Overall Club” Trophy and points for an Individual Clare Sports Award.
Parents must supervise their children throughout the two days as the Ennis Track Coaches will be helping out in running of the Championships.
- Adults to pay at gate each day. Entry fee €3 per day to cover all events. This will be done at gate. Please see Ages List for 2016 (right).
- Take note Hurdles start at 10am along with High Jump, Turbo Javelin, Long Jump and Javelin. See timetable attached for ages that these events start off with. The 1st age groups of these field events, along with hurdles need to check in at 9.30am.
- Please allow yourself time to find parking, get registered and make your way to Ennis Track tent which should be located down by the finishing line. All Ennis Track athletes must stay together in this area.
- Please check timetable for your events times & bring timetable along on the day. 11am is start time for walk followed by sprints, which will be running at the same time as the field events so it’s important that parents listen out when events are being called.
- RELAYS: Please check if your child is needed for a relay on the day. If unsure of your time please talk to the coaches.
- Parents have to supervise their own children during the day. It’s going to be a long day and there is no quick way to get through the events.
- Ennis Track T-Shirt for identification (For singlets contact Hilda 086 2351969)
- Suitable running shoes/track running spikes 5mm
- Packed lunch – with fruit drink/water – not fizzy drinks & wear suitable clothing (it will be a long day!)