A large contingent of Ennis Track Athletes traveled to Waterford to run in the even age Munster Cross Country events. The U23 and Novice races were held there also. The course was tough but weather conditions were good and a great days athletics was witnessed by the large crowd present. Our young juveniles had a very successful championships all acquitting themselves very well. Some notable performances were as follows:
- u10 Girls – Molly Pike 8th place, Lucy Power 30th place. The team finished in 7th position.
- U10 Boys – Ben O Halloran 7th place. The team finished in 4th place missing out on bronze by 2 places.
- U12 Girls – Great front running by Neasa Ni Ainifein to finish in 2nd place with her team mates finishing very strongly in 22, 26, 27 to get the bronze medals. Aisling Moloney 22nd scored on the Clare team.
- U12 Boys – Colin Ryan finished very strongly to get 4th place, leading his team home in 3rd place also. Thomas Maguire finished in 15th place.
- U14 Girls – Roisin Cahill ran very steadily throughout the race finishing in 14th place scoring on the Clare team. The team finished in 4th place missing out on bronze position by 2 places.
- U14 Boys – Mathew Power ran very strongly coming through the field to finish in 9th place. Dylan Casey finished in 23rd place also scoring on the Clare team. Another 4th place position for the team.
- U16 Girls – Emer Hanrahan was 18th, Elise Mulcaire 22nd and scored on the Clare Team.
- U16 Boys – Donal Devane was an excellent 2nd, Callum Blake 7th, Ben Deasy 22nd and James Macguire 26th resulting in gold medal position for this team.
- U18 Girls Eimear McDonald ran very strongly finishing in 6th place, Katie Power finished in 20th place
- U18 Boys led byJamie Roche in 4th place took the gold medal. Patrick O Rourke in 7th, Stephen Maher 8th, Aaron Slattery in 13th. Other team members were James Whelan, Mark Fahy and Conor Mulchrone.
Turning to our senior athletes where we had runners in both men’s and women’s novice events.
- Cushla Hehir was 2nd in the ladies event followed by Laura Power in 5th place.
- In the men’s novice race there was a great win by Karl Fitzmaurice, 2nd place was Patrick Chesser
- Kevin Chesser was 3rd in the under 23 race.